Your browser is not optimized for viewing this website.

More information »

Auburn Adult and Community Education

Filter by Category

General Enrichment

in Personal Enrichment

Model Railroading


with Great Falls Model Railroad Club

Calendar Sep 5, 2017 at 6:30 pm, runs for 8 weeks

Need to improve your modeling skills?  The Model Railroading course is designed for those who are interested in developing basic skills and techniques necessary to build a model railroad of their own.  The nine-week course includes classes on specialized model railroading tools, layout design, building benchwork, laying track, wiring, soldering, making trees, building structures, weathering, and locomotive and rolling stock maintenance.  Each week will be devoted to one of the topics. Other topics will be added if the participants have additional interests. Supplies fee $40 (optional) paid to instructor.  This course will be taught at the Great Falls Model Railroad Clubhouse at 144 Mill Street, Auburn.



No Excuses! Personal Development


with M Carbajal

Calendar Nov 7, 2017 at 5:30 pm, runs for 1 week

Stuck in a rut?  Tired of running in mud?  Want to get more out of life?  Stop the self-sabatage and identify your own excuses.  This is a personal development workshop designed to help motivate and encourage positive lifestyle changes.

Utah Non-Resident Concealed Carry


with C Zucker

Calendar Dec 12, 2017 at 6 pm, runs for 1 week

When combined with your Maine concealed firearms permit, 34 state recognize your right to conceal carry.  This class gives you the required knowledge to apply for a Utah permit (additional cost).  The application, signed by the instructor, is proof of successful completion required by Utah.  In order to receive the permit from Utah the student must also be able to pass a federal background check.  There are no firearms allowed in the classroom or on school property.  Must be 18 years or older. Prerequisites are a Maine Resident Permit to Carry a Concealed Firearm and a Maine Drivers License or other Maine State ID proving residence.  If the student is from out of state then their concealed permit must be from that state. 


Forgot password?